In the summer of 1949, KMC was started by Ted 
A. Klemke and his son John (Jack) Klemke. With 
the purchase of a Caterpillar D7 dozer and a six 
yard BG scraper the father-son team began 
operations in southern Saskatchewan constructing 
irrigation canals. The year 1951 brought about a 
move west to Alberta where new prospects were on 
the horizon. 
At the end of the Korean War, in 1953, new 
Caterpillar equipment was readily available. 
Seizing on this opportunity the Klemkes purchased 
additional equipment and pursued the booming road construction market segment. 
 
 
 
 
 
T.A. KLEMKE & SON CONSTRUCTION LTD.